SCALA reader Gira
The SCALA readers Gira are write/reader units, which can be used in combination with the SCALA EAC system. They are used for contactless identification in SCALA. The readers fit seamlessly in the Gira switch programme.
Both the pure RFID reader and the variant with PIN can be integrated in the switch programme. With the pure RFID variant, a reader cover in the same colour as the frame is supplied. The variant with PIN keypad can be installed directly in the switch programme with no additional components.
Operation is extremely easy thanks to the clear signals. The display takes place both visually via LEDs and acoustically. The user therefore sees instantly whether access is being granted or whether new user rights are being written on the identification card.
The SCALA reader Gira is available in three conventional colour versions. This means that the reader can be adapted optimally to existing switch programmes.
The data of the transponder is converted 1:1 analogue/digital and sent to the SCALA controller. The security of the encryption is identical to the security of the air interface between the user identification card and reader.
All safety-relevant processes do not take place in the reader, but are controlled in the controller. This rules out tampering between the identification card, reader and controller based on the current state-of-the-art technology – such as tapping the encryption or replacing the reader with a compromised unit.
The SCALA readers have integrated temperature and voltage sensors as standard, which permanently measure the temperature and input voltage of the readers. This can help to prevent faults.
The available operating states are displayed via a yellow, a dual colour (red/green) and a RGB-LED. The transmission quality between the user identification card and the reader is displayed via the RS485 bus with a communication LED.
The communication between SCALA reader and controller takes place via a RS485 interface. Both the communication and the voltage supply takes place via the 4-wire cable.
The wiring of the reader takes place intuitively and is particularly easy.
The SCALA reader Gira can be mounted on any standard flush-mounted box.
- Permanent open/permanent locking
- Authorisation via identification card, identification card and PIN and PIN only
- For authorisation via identification card and PIN, the sequence with which the user authentication takes place can be set in the software (SCALA net): First the identification card, then the PIN, or the PIN followed by the identification card
- Door code (SCALA PIN reader)
- Threat code (SCALA PIN reader)
- Alarm arming/disarming (SCALA PIN reader)
Overview of Advantages
- Available variants: Surface-mounted, flush-mounted; with and without PIN keypad
- Integrated buzzer
- 3 multi-coloured LEDs
- RS485 interface (SCALA protocol)
- Integrated temperature monitoring (evaluation in SCALA net)
- Integrated voltage monitoring (evaluation in SCALA net)
- Integrated read/write mode (can be set via the SCALA software)
- Integrated encryption mode
- Encrypted data transmission from the identification card to the door control
- Frame not included in the scope of supply
- This reader can only be used in SCALA net
|Input operating voltage||12-24 V DC +/- 15 %, 0.8 W|
|Max. start current consumption at 12 V DC||0.07 A|
|Authentication||Depending on the reader version: three authentication levels (PIN only, identification card only, PIN & identification card combined)|
|Code||PIN code: 4- to 8-digit code can be set in the software|
|Dimension||Reader PCB: 70 x 70 x 16 mm, cover: 55 x 55 x 8 mm, PCB: 70 x 70 x 16 mm (W x H x D)|
|Color||gloss pure white|
|Class of protection||Depending on the switch program|
|Operating temperature range||-25 °C to +70 °C|
|Relative humidity||< 95% (non-condensing)|
|Door status||1 x single-color LED, 1 x dual-color LED, 1 x RGB LED|
|RFID Technologies (Based on reader type)||MIFARE Classic® / MIFARE DESFire® EV1/EV2; LEGIC® (Advant, Prime, ISO 14443a)|
|RFID reading||UID / Sektor / Block / Application / File / LEGIC® Segment Data|
|RFID Reading range||approx. 2-4 cm identification card; approx. 2 cm key tag|
|Communication interfaces||RS485 interface for connection to the controller (automatic baudrate recognition)|