SCALA web / web+ controller
SCALA web/web+ is the scalable and future-orientated EAC system from ASSA ABLOY.
Medium-sized companies in particular need a flexible EAC system, adapted to the economic dynamics – preferably in the form of a digital master key system. SCALA web or SCALA web+ enables web-based management via PC, laptop or mobile end device without software installation. The function includes simple access decisions and schedules. All other components are controlled via the main component of the EAC system, the universally usable controller. This makes upgrading to the SCALA net version really simple. With SCALA web or SCALA web+, the doors connected online can be expanded easily at any time with doors equipped with offline components. The access authorisations of the users for the offline doors are created centrally and written to the identification card via the so-called data-on-card technology using the update reader. The offline doors are configured via a parameter ID during commissioning. Because all the information relevant for the access is saved on the user identification cards, no reconfiguration of the doors is required in the event of changes to authorisations. The changes are written automatically to the user identification cards via the update reader.
The commissioning of the controller takes place via DHCP Plug & Play, without configuring network addresses or similar. This means that the system is ready for use and operation right away.
No software installation is needed and no special PC or software knowledge is required on the part of the installer or the system administrator.
The programming and configuration of the system takes place via a web-based user interface, with a clear design, to make life as easy as possible for the user.
In addition to the easy commissioning of the controller, the HW configuration also takes place fully automatically in the web interface. When the doors are created, all door components of the online doors are also configured in the background. This means that, depending on the hardware of the door, the reader, electric strike, monitoring contact or door button are created automatically by the system.
This not only makes life extremely easy for the user, but also saves a significant amount of time, and thus also costs, during commissioning.
The SCALA web/web+ controller is a modern, extendable control unit for access control. It is scalable and suitable for control of up to 16 online access points. Up to 8 online wired, 16 online wireless and 95 offline doors can be managed with SCALA web+ when extended to its maximum capacity.
With SCALA web/web+, wired online doors, online wireless doors and offline doors can be configured and managed. The doors differ only with regard to commissioning. During operation, all doors are managed via the access matrix, which corresponds to the function of a locking matrix.
Depending on the system (SCALA web or web+), the access decision is made via a pure yes/no decision or via time schedules.
The heart of SCALA web/web+ is the Web-Controller.
SCALA web/web+ has a function for easy loading of user identification cards. Here, the user can load just one or multiple identification cards automatically via a reader. The assignment to a person then takes place in the user interface.
A clear display via multiple LEDs on the controller provides extensive information on the configuration and status, such as information on the connection to the PC workstation or network and an overview of the components on the bus interfaces and the status of the relays.
The SCALA net controller has three RS485 interfaces. The entire door periphery of two doors wired online can be controlled directly via two relay outputs and four analogue inputs. All other online wired doors (SCALA web+) are controlled via SCALA door modules, which are connected with the controller via the RS485 interfaces.
The controller is connected to the host system via the integrated Ethernet interface.
For easy installation, the controller is available either in a casing for mounting on top-hat rails or in a steel casing including mains adapter depending on the installation location.
Overview of Advantages
- For large workshops, small and medium-sized companies, authorities, nurseries, public buildings
- Plug & Play commissioning of the controller via DHCP
- Automatic creation of the entire door periphery when creating a door
- Easy loading of user identification cards via the identification card loading function
- Management of online wired doors, Aperio wireless and Aperio offline components
- Central, practically unlimited data storage thanks to micro SD card technology
- Management of up to 200 access profiles with SCALA web and up to 500 with SCALA web+
- Storage of up to 250,000 master data sets
- Up to 1 million event records can be saved
- Comprehensive LED indicators for diagnosis purposes and operational status indication
- Controller internal process events are stored automatically in a log file.
- Connection and management of up to 96 doors (mix of online, wireless and offline doors possible)
- Connection of up to 2 online wired doors with SCALA web and up to 8 with SCALA web+
- Connection of up to 8 Aperio online components with SCALA web and up to 16 with SCALA web+
- Management of up to 95 offline doors
- 3 x RS485 interfaces for connecting SCALA readers, door modules and Aperio wireless hubs
Scope of delivery
- 1 controller
- The 1003-24-1.25-20 power supply must be ordered separately.
|Input operating voltage||12 - 24 V DC +/- 15 % with voltage monitoring|
|Max. current consumption||0,125 A|
|Max. power consumption||1,5 W|
|Class of protection||IP30|
|Ambient temperature||0° C to 50° C with temperature monitoring|
|Relative humidity||10 % to 95 % not condensing|
|Communication interfaces||3 x RS485 with power supply and display of the transmission quality (max. 500 mA on the interface) 1 x Ethernet 10/100 Mbit. Optional: WLAN, KNX, GPRS|
|Host interfaces||Ethernet 10/100 MBit|
|Outputs||2 x relay outputs 30 V/2 A|
|Inputs||4 x analog inputs|
|Memory locations||1 x Micro SD card; 1 MB Flash; 196 kB S-Ram|
|Dimension||Top-hat rail mounting: 165 x 130 x 65 mm (W x H x D); steel casing: 300 x 186 x 125 mm (W x H x D)|